CCHS Class of 67 helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Tell us about your Education.

I'm one of those who has taken several classes with no degree. If it's something I think I need to know, I take a class. I did graduate from the School of Hard Knocks with a masters, make that doctorate, in overcoming life's adversities.

Tell us about your Military or other service.

No

Tell us about your Family

I have been married to Gene Sellers for almost 36 years. We have two sons, Brandon 31 and Shaun 29. (Both are available, tall, dark and handsome, and very good to their parents.) Please bring pictures of your available daughters. I can hear them now, "Mom's trying to pimp us out again."

Tell us about your Career

My husband and I owned an electrical contracting business for 29 years until he had a brain aneurysm and we lost nearly everything. I now have a dream job working for a chemical company as an office manager/bookkeeper. Retirement---what's that? That word is no longer in my vocabulary.

Tell us about your Hobbies

Sleep sounds like a lot of fun to me these days.

Tell us about your Good Times

I have been blessed with so many memories of good times throughout my life that I couldn't begin to pick just one. I used to return to Corydon twice a year, but I haven't been back for 4 years now. One of the things I miss most is laughing with my family & friends. Get ready, I plan to laugh a lot even if it is at myself. Oh yes, I'm a 13 year cancer survivor!

Tell us about your Bad Times

My comfortable world as I had known it changed forever on 12/1/03 when my husband suffered a devastating (how come you don't have Spell Check on this?) brain aneurysm which left him totally disabled. I've lost my business, my business partner, my life partner, our retirement and now I'm going through bankruptcy. Despite all this I have been very blessed. I still have a husband who tells me every day how much he loves me and I have the greatest of sons who have sacrificed so much for parents. This sounds real sappy, doesn't it? Sorry.

Tell us about your philosophy of life

I'm not sure I can tell you what it's all about, but I can tell you what it's not about. It's not about me, what I think, what I think I need or want, or what pleases me. It's about what I can do for someone else to lighten their load, to lift them up if only for a short while. One of the reasons besides the reumion for coming back was to see Sherry Shaffer who has an agressive form of brain cancer. We have plans to spend some time together. I didn't want this to be a missed opportunity.

I'll leave you with a card I found shortly after Gene's illness that I have framed and read daily to make sure I keep my circumstances in perspective. I think it is pretty apropos for a class reunion.

I've Learned

I've learned that it's not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts.

I've learned that it takes you a long time to become the person you want to be.

I've learned that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.

I've learned that you can keep going long after you think you can't.

I've learned that learning to forgive takes practice.

I've learned that there are people who love you dearly, but just don't know how to show it.

I've learned that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.

I've learned that no matter the consequences, those who are honest with themselves get further in life.

Blessings upon you.