CCHS Class of 67 helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Tell us about your Education.

BA from Indiana 1971

MPA from Penn State 1973

Tell us about your Military or other service.

No

Tell us about your Family

Divorced since 2004; stepson David Persons is now a partner in our cattle operation. He will graduate from college this spring.

Tell us about your Career

I have worked for 22 years as Research Director of the Kansas Association of School Boards. Prior to that, I worked in Kansas state government, in the budget office specializing in school finance.

Tell us about your Hobbies

My stepson and I have a herd of registered Limousin cattle; we run about 50 registered cows on 240 acres owned and 120 rented.

Tell us about your Good Times

I live outside the town of Rossville, Kansas, which resembles much the Corydon of my childhood. I live the same kind of life our parents lived in Corydon, serving on committees, running community festivals, helping children (I'm a 4-H leader) grow up. It is very rewarding.

Tell us about your Bad Times

Our daughter Angie died, about a month short of her 21st birthday, just before Christmas of 1999. She was a beautiful child, with much promise.

Tell us about your philosophy of life

Much of what I do affects the children of our community. I think I got that from growing up in Corydon, where many adults did the same for me.