CCHS Class of 67 helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

As you know, Jim was unable to attend the reunion because he was hospitalized with a high fever. I checked with him recently and found out what was going on. Here is a quote from the email that he sent me:
Quote:
(Jul 12, 2007)

As it turns out I had contacted salmonella bacteria while in Bangkok in May and did not know it until after 4 days in the hospital. The results of blood cultures came back and I was in isollation for 4 days after that while on a potent antibiotic via IV.

I have been home now 2 weeks and still on the IV (giving it to myself) until yesterday and now on an oral medication for a month.

The bacteria attacked my liver and I will be getting some additional treatment for several weeks but all in all I am doing fine.

It was a very tough week for me while in the hospital because of the ultra high temperature (103-104) so I am happy to have found the cause and now the treatment.

I know you guys are hesitant to make entries in the forums, but if anyone would like to wish Jim well, this would be a good way do it. Just hit the reply button below, type in you message, and hit submit.
Jim it great to hear that you are doing better. Maybe we'll get to see each other at the next reunion. I hadn't attended one since 1977. This reunion was super. I'm thinking they had 81 of the class that attended.