CCHS Class of 67 helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Tell us about your Education.

Weaver Airline School

Tell us about your Military or other service.

No

Tell us about your Family

I married Alvin McKim Nov. 1967. We moved to Evansville, IN. He worked for Babcock & Wilcox as a designer while attending night classes to be Nuclear Engineer. I worked as a teller in a large bank in Evansville till we had children. We have a son, Curtis Scott, born May 1970 and a daughter Heather Lynne born in Nov. 1971. We moved to Lynchburg, VA. in July 1979 when Alvin was transferred here with B&W. I taught classes in painting plaster crafts, then worked as a store manager at a Hallmark store. Both of our children attended Virginia Tech receiving degrees in Mechanical Engineering. They both got jobs at B&W, but by then it was Frametome Nuclear Engineering. Curtis married a local girl and has 3 children, a boy and 2 girls. He and his wife both work at Frametome. Heather married a man from Minnesota. He also is is a mechanical Engineer and woks for Frametome. They have 3 boys. Alvin retired Dec. 2005 after 38 yrs. with the same company. We moved to a retirement community in July of 2004. We are in the country and are only 10 minutes drive to our children's homes. We have been traveling with our good friends Steve & Veronica Dishman and David & Lillian Rhodes for several years now. We are planning a special trip this summer to drive Route 66 in our corvettes and probably a cruise to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversaries. We usually spend a week at Sunset Beach, N.C. with our Children and Grandchildren, but this year we have decided to take a cruise. My parents moved back to Corydon a few years ago and my brother, Bruce and his family live in Palmyra, so we try to get back to Corydon every few months. My Dad suffered a stroke about 9 years ago so they aren't able to travel any more.

Tell us about your Career

After we moved to Evansville, I took classes at Weaver Airlines School. But when I graduated, there weren't many jobs in that field. So worked at a large bank in downtown Evansville for 1 1/2 years till we had children. I didn't work again till we got to VA. and I did the plaster craft classes in our home. When the children were older I worked as a manager in a Hallmark store. Then I worked in a business that did mailings. Worked there till my back gave out and I had to have back surgery in 1995. Now that Alvin is retired we are finishing our basement in the 50's & 60's theme.

Tell us about your Hobbies

I used to do crafts. Alot of gardening before we moved to "Old Folks place".
They move our yard, but we take care of the flower beds when my back can stand it. We love watching the deer, birds, fox and turkeys in our backyard.

Tell us about your Good Times

We've had so many great times on the trips with our friends and family it's hard to pin down any certain one. Watching all of Grandchildren participate in school and sport activities is very rewarding and all of them are in advanced classes in their schools. They didn't get their smarts from me!! Alvin, Curt and Heather have all the brains here!

Tell us about your Bad Times

My health isn't all that great. I think Alvin was hoping he could return me several times, but my warranty had expired. Our son went through a bad devorce about 9 years ago. That was a terrible time for all of us, but especially his 2 children who were one and 3. But he found a great girl, Connie and she had a 5 yr. old little girl. They were married beside the pool here at our clubhouse in 2004.

Tell us about your philosophy of life

Life is too short, you should enjoy it while you can. And you should treat your body better, it is the only one we get!!