CCHS Class of 67 helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Tell us about your Education.

I earned an Associates Degree in General Studies from Indiana University-Kokomo in 1993. I enjoyed being a "mature" student. I got a lot more out of college than I would have right out of high school. Our two youngest children were in college at the same time I was, so it was fun to share experiences and moan about homework with them.

Tell us about your Military or other service.

I didn't serve in the military, but Bill was in the Air Force, so I guess I served by proxy.

Tell us about your Family

Still married to Bill Blair, and glad of it. See Bill's bio for info about our kids/grandkids.

Tell us about your Career

I took the "Mommy Track." I worked for 1 1/2 years for a trust company in Louisville right after high school. Then I stayed home with the kids for 11 years. I went back to work when our youngest started kindergarten. I have worked various clerical jobs, some full time, some part time, some temporary, as circumstances permitted. I have worked as a civilian for the Air Force at Grissom, for a large church, for an insurance office, for a company that set up business computer systems, at temp jobs through Kelly Services, for a Pizza Hut franchise, for the Department of Agriculture, and now I work part-time at the Harrison County Public Library (2 days in Genealogy and 1 day at the reference desk). I have also free-lanced a little. I enjoyed working for such a variety of businesses. I learned a lot about the "guts" of the business world, because I worked closely with the business owners in several cases. Some of them allowed me to develop my own job description, which usually
morphed from secretarial/clerical to research, writing and marketing.

Tell us about your Hobbies

I have played piano since I was a kid, and I started taking dulcimer lessons last fall. I like to read, and I write nonfiction. I'm a beginning-level knitter. Since we moved back to Corydon, I like watching the birds and other wildlife on our property.

Tell us about your Good Times

Our one-week trip to Hawaii was great. I would like to go back on a cruise ship. My best memories involve spending time with good friends.

Tell us about your Bad Times

Living in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for two winters was not my idea of a good time.

Tell us about your philosophy of life

Just put one foot in front of the other and keep going.