CCHS Class of 67 helps you connect and share with the people in your life.

Tell us about your Education.

I attended Purdue University from 1967 until 1970 from which I received an Associate Degree in Aviation Maintence Technology. I also attended IVY Tech from 1975-1977. I received an associate degree from them in Archetectural Drafting. I have completed courses in Home Entertainment Repair as well as Computer Repair. For some unaccountable reason, I took an accounting course from IU.

Tell us about your Military or other service.

I served in the US Air Force for ...well forever I think. I entered active duty in 1970 and switched over to the Reserves in 1972 where I remained until 2004. I also worked as a full time civilian for the Air Force at Grissom AFB from 1974 until 2004, when I retired.

Tell us about your Family

I married my High School sweety, Mary Kraft, in 1968 and am continuously amazed at how truely cool she is. We have three children. Marc has a BS in electical engineering and works in Warsaw as a computer programmer. He is married with four children, two boys and two girls. Bonnie has a MA in oboe performance and performs around the Kansas City area. She is married to one of the owners of KC Strings and has one daughter. John has a BS in electrical engineering and works for a company in Tucson. He is married and has a two daughters.

Tell us about your Career

The major places that I have worked have been Combs-Gates Learjet in Indianapolis and Grissom AFB. In each case I worked as an Aircraft mechanic, although at Grissom I was mostly a supervisor, so I watched everyone else work. Working for the military is an interesting mix of experiences. It is really nice to be able to go to some of the places that we went to. It wasn't so nice to wear full chemical warfare suits and masks and helmets and flak jackets. Luckily, I was never really in an immediate hostile fire area.

Tell us about your Hobbies

I have had some fun doing some woodworking projects. In theory, I know how to golf, but I never seem to get out and do it. A lot of my hobby time goes into computers. There is so much to learn about computers that it provides a daily challenge just to keep up. There are also many ways of expressing yourself on a computer, in writing, graphical design, coordinating stuff. I have also been known at times to play computer games.

Tell us about your Good Times

One of the best vacations that we had was about seven or eight years ago we went to Hawaii for a week. We stayed at a beachside hotel at waikiki for several days and toured the island. Then we took a flight to the big island and did the volcano thing. After that we went to Maui and stayed at a B&B there until it was time to go home. Everyone should go to Hawaii at least once, it is the best vacation ever. My neatest work thing was getting the opportunity to design and implement a new aircraft system on the tankers to keep them from blowing up.

Tell us about your Bad Times

I have had a few bad times but nothing that was so bad that I forgot to be optimistic about the outcome. It really helps to understand that things change. If everything is good, don't worry because everything is good. If everything is bad, don't worry because it will change.

Tell us about your philosophy of life

Only worry about things that you have control over.
If you are in the dark, look for a light.
Things generally tend to work out okay.
Don't throw rocks at hornet nests.
Always appreciate what you have. If you have the basics you are better off than most of the world's populace.
Last update on December 7 2010, 7:15 pm by William.